전문분야 | 단백질공학 및 분자디자인
전화번호 | 031-850-9313, 031-881-7118
E – mail | email@example.com
B.S. Department of Genetic Engineering, Suwon University (Life Science)
Ph.D. Graduate School of Biotechnology, Korea University (Molecular Structural Biology)
* Protein Engineering & Molecular Design
* Molecular Biology & Genetic Engineering
* Cell Communication & Biomolecular Dynamics
* Sociobiological Aging & GracefulOLD Age
* Molecular Evolution & Darwinism Biophilosophy
2016~ Chair, Department of Biotechnology, CHA University
2015~2017 Vice Provost, Office of Academic Affairs, CHA University
2013~ Associate Professor, Department of Biotechnology, CHA University
2012~2013 Associate Professor, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Yonsei University
2009~2012 Assistant Professor, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Yonsei University
2002~2009 Research Professor, Research Institute of Aging Science, Yonsei University
2001~2002 Postdoctoral Fellow, Cardiovascular Research Institute, Yonsei University
1997~2001 Researcher, Structural Biology Center, Korea Institute of Science and Technology
Selected Publications (last 5 years)
1. Do HJ, Jin T, Chung JH, Hwang JW, Shin MJ. (2014) Voglibose administration regulates body weight and energy intake in high fat-induced obese mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 443/3, 1110-1117.
2. Lee BS, Kim SH, Oh J, Jin T, Choi EY, Park S, Lee SH, Chung JH, Kang SM. (2014) C-reactive protein inhibits survivin expression via Akt/mTOR pathway downregulation by PTEN expression in H9c2 cardiac myocytes. PLoS One 9/5, e98113.
3. Chung JH, Moon J, Lee YS, Chung HK, Lee SM, Shin MJ. (2014) Arginase inhibition restores endothelial function in diet-induced obesity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 451/2, 179-183.
4. Agustina L, Hahm SH, Han SH, Tran AH, Chung JH, Park JH, Park JW, Han YS. (2014) Visualization of the physical and functional interaction between hMYH and hRad9 by Dronpa bimolecular fluorescence complementation. BMC Mol Biol 15/1, 17.
5. Park H, Park S, Jeon HJ, Kim JB, Kim CS, Pak HN, Lee MH, Chung JH, Joung B. (2013) Alpha B-crystallin prevents the arrhythmogenic effects of particulate matter isolated from ambient air by attenuating oxidative stress. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 266/2, 267-275.
6. Lee SM, Moon J, Cho Y, Chung JH, Shin MJ. (2013) Quercetin up-regulates expressions of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γ, liver X receptor α, and ATP binding cassette transporter A1 genes and increases cholesterol efflux in human macrophage cell line. Nutr Res 33/2, 136-143.
7. Cho Y, Chung JH, Do HJ, Jeon HJ, Jin T, Shin MJ. (2013) Effects of fisetin supplementation on hepatic lipogenesis and glucose metabolism in high fat fed SD rats. Food Chem 139/1-4, 720-727.
8. Shin MJ, Cho Y, Moon J, Jeon HJ, Lee SM, Chung JH. (2013) Hypocholesterolemic effects of daily fisetin supplementation in high fat fed SD rats. Food Chem Toxicol 57/C, 84-90.
9. Lee SM, Moon J, Chung JH, Cha YJ, Shin MJ. (2013) Effect of quercetin-rich onion peel extracts on arterial thrombosis in rats. Food Chem Toxicol 57/C, 99-105.
10. Lee SM, Do HJ, Shin MJ, Seong SI, Hwang KY, Lee JY, Kwon O, Jin T, Chung JH. (2013) 1-Deoxynojirimycin isolated from a Bacillus subtilis stimulates adiponectin and GLUT4 expressions in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. J Microbiol Biotech 23/5, 637-643.
11. Kim SA, Lee KH, Won HY, Pak S, Chung JH, Jang Y, Ha JW. (2013) Quantitative assessment of aortic elasticity with aging using velocity-vector imaging and its histologic correlation. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 33/6, 1306-1312.
12. Lee BS, Jin T, Kim SH, Choi EY, Oh J, Park S, Lee SH, Chung JH, Kang SM. (2013) Protective effect of survivin in doxorubicin-induced cell death in H9c2 cardiac myocytes. Korean Circ J 43/6, 400-407.
13. Lee D, Lee KH, Park H, Kim SH, Jin T, Cho S, Chung JH, Lim S, Park S. (2013) The Effect of Soluble RAGE on Inhibition of Angiotensin II-mediated Atherosclerosis in Apolipoprotein E deficient mice. PLoS One 8/8, e69669.
14. Kim BH, Ko YG, Kim SH, Chung JH, Hwang KC, Choi D, Jang Y. (2013) Suppression of receptor for advanced glycation end products improves angiogenic responses to ischemia in diabetic mouse hindlimb ischemia model. ISRN Vascular Med 43/6, 400-407.
15. Chung JH, Jeon HJ, Hong SY, Lee DL, Lee KH, Kim SH, Han YS, Manabe I, Miller YI, Lee SH. (2012) Palmitate promotes the paracrine effects of macrophages on vascular smooth muscle cells: the role of bone morphogenetic proteins. PLoS One 7/2, e29100.
16. Lee SM, Moon J, Do HJ, Chung JH, Lee KH, Cha YJ, Shin MJ. (2012) Onion peel extract increases hepatic low-density lipoprotein receptor and ATP-binding cassette transporter A1 messenger RNA expressions in Sprague-Dawley rats fed a high-fat diet. Nutr Res 32/3, 210-217.
17. Kim OY, Lee SM, Chung JH, Do HJ, Moon J, Shin MJ. (2012) Arginase I and the very low-density lipoprotein receptor are associated with phenotypic biomarkers for obesity. Nutrition 28/6, 635-639.
18. Moon J, Lee SM, Do HJ, Cho Y, Chung JH, Shin MJ. (2012) Quercetin up-regulates LDL receptor expression in HepG2 cells. Phytother Res 26/11, 1688-1694.
19. Lee S, Do HJ, Kang SM, Chung JH, Park E, Shin MJ. (2012) Plasma phospholipid fatty acid composition and estimated desaturase activity in heart failure patients with metabolic syndrome. J Clin Biochem Nutr 51/2, 150-155.
20. Hahm SH, Chung JH, Agustina L, Han SH, Yoon IS, Park JH, Kang LW, Park JW, NA JJ, Han YS. (2012) Human MutY homolog induces apoptosis in etoposide-treated HEK293 cells. Oncol Lett 4/6, 1203-1208.
21. Kim YJ, Kim OY, Cho Y, Chung JH, Jung YS, Hwang GS, Shin MJ. (2012) Plasma phospholipid fatty acid composition in ischemic stroke: Importance of docosahexaenoic acid in the risk for intracranial artery stenosis. Atherosclerosis 225/2, 418-424.
22. Chung JH, Kim JS, Kim OY, Kang SM, Hwang GS, Shin MJ. (2012) Urinary ketone is associated with the heart failure severity. Clin Biochem 45/18, 1697-1699.
23. Kang SM, Park JC, Shin MJ, Lee H, Oh J, Ryu DH, Hwang GS, Chung JH. (2011) 1H nuclear magnetic resonance based metabolic urinary profiling of patients with ischemic heart failure. Clin Biochem 44/4, 293-299.
24. Kim OY, Shin MJ, Moon J, Chung JH. (2011) Plasma ceruloplasmin as a biomarker for obesity: a proteomic approach. Clin Biochem 44/5-6, 351-356.
25. Chung JH, Im EK, Jin T, Lee SM, Kim SH, Choi EY, Shin MJ, Lee KH, Jang Y. (2011) Cathepsin L derived from skeletal muscle cells transfected with bFGF promotes endothelial cell migration. Exp Mol Med 43/4, 179-188.
26. Hahm SH, Park JH, Ko SI, Lee YR, Chung IS, Chung JH, Kang LW, Han YS. (2011) Knock-down of human MutY homolog (hMYH) decreases phosphorylation of checkpoint kinase 1 (Chk1) induced by hydroxyurea and UV treatment. BMB Reports 44/5, 352-357.
27. Kang KD, Cho YS, Song JH, Park YS, Lee JY, Hwang KY, Rhee SK, Chung JH, Kwon O, Seong SI. (2011) Identification of the genes involved in 1-deoxynojirimycin synthesis in Bacillus subtilis MORI 3K-85. J Microbiol 49/3, 431-440.
28. Choi JW, Lee KH, Kim SH, Jin T, Lee BS, Oh J, Won HY, Kim S, Kang SM, Chung JH. (2011) C-reactive protein induces p53-mediated cell cycle arrest in H9c2 cardiac myocyte. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 410/3, 525-530.
29. Chung JH, Yoon IS, Hahm SH, Park MJ, Lee YR, Ko SI, Kang LW, Kim TS, Kim J, Han YS. (2011) Ribosomal protein S3 is phosphorylated by Cdk1/cdc2 during G2/M phase. BMB Reports 44/8, 529-534.
30. Yang SW, Lee SM, Choi EY, Lee KH, Kim SH, Shin MJ, Han Y, Kang SM, Chung JH. (2011) Matrix metalloproteinase-1 induces cleavage of exogenous alphaB-crystallin transduced by a cell-penetrating peptide. J Cell Biochem 112/9, 2454-2462.
31. Jang KW, Lee KH, Kim SH, Jin T, Choi EY, Jeon HJ, Kim E, Han YS, Chung JH. (2011) Ubiquitin ligase CHIP induces TRAF2 proteasomal degradation and NF-κB inactivation to regulate breast cancer cell invasion. J Cell Biochem 112/12, 3612-3620.
32. Lee KS, Jang Y, Chung YK, Chung JH, Oh BH, Hong CH. (2010) Relationship between the diagnostic components of metabolic syndrome (MS) and cognition by ApoE genotype in the elderly. Arch Gerontol Geriatr 50/1, 69-72.
33. Lee YR, Park JH, Hahm SH, Kang LW, Chung JH, Nam KH, Hwang KY, Kwon IC, Han YS. (2010) Development of bimolecular fluorescence complementation using dronpa for visualization of protein-protein interactions in cells. Mol Imaging Biol 12/5, 468-478.
34. Lee KH, Jang Y, Chung JH. (2010) Heat shock protein 90 regulates IkappaB kinase complex and NF-kappaB activation in angiotensin II-induced cardiac cell hypertrophy. Exp Mol Med 42/10, 703-711.
Lab Profile & Research Projects
Our laboratory is focusing on the understanding the novel functions and molecular mechanisms of intracellular proteins based on the protein engineering and structural information. In addition we would like to extend our research to develop the valuable biomaterials using the rational molecular design technologies. Current main projects are summarized as follows.
– Development of valuable biomaterials using protein engineering and molecular design
– Identification of novel functions and molecular mechanisms of intracellular proteins
– New conceptions for exogenous protein delivery and degradation mechanism
– Protein and peptide-based therapeutics targeting inflammation and vascular diseases
– Discovery of Innovative bioactive molecules for dermal regeneration and hair follicle
– Proteome/metabolome-based translational study of aging and dementia for biomarker discovery and potential drug targets